I called and ordered a refill and they told me 3-4 business days but that was ok because i was at 30-32%..

Two weeks later they came to fill my 500 gallon tank. My tank said 20% and they filled it to 80% and said it took just over 347 gallons.. How is that possible in a 500 gallon tank?

I would like to know how a 500 gallon tank at 20% held 347 gallons at 80%

I just wanted to see if anyone else is seeing the same issues?

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss problem with delivery of thrifty propane tank refill. Thrifty Propane needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned thrifty propane tank refill in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Thrifty Propane.

Comments

Sometimes in cold weather, and I mean a rare occasion, the guage sticks. At 20% you have 100 gallons in your 500 gallon tank.

If you got 347 gallons, then you would be overfilled to like 90% or better. Only in the colde winter months can a 500 gallon tank be filled to 85% because it will condense. Any other time it can only be filled to 80%.

But when Thrifty gets a tank refurbished, they do not get the tank cleaned out to prevent old stuff inside from jamming the guage.

With a refurbished tank you get supposedly new guages and pressure relief valves and paint job and that's it. They are to be cleaned out also but that does not get done.